We love to have warm ‘home-made’ cinnabon type cinnamon buns on a Saturday morning. Borrowed from our cheap pizza night idea, we buy a ball of frozen pizza dough from the deli at the grocery store (~$2-$3) and use that as the base for cinnamon buns.
Cinnamon Buns (made from deli pizza dough)
one ball of pizza dough (fresh or frozen from grocery store deli)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1. If frozen, let the dough thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Take dough out of plastic bag (or packaging), place in a bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise for 1-2 hours.
3. Roll dough out into a large rectangle.
4. Coat the rolled dough rectange with softened butter.
5. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over dough.
6. Roll up dough lengthwise, so that you have a long roll.
7. Slice into 1″ thick slices and place in greased baking pan.
8. Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the tops are golden.