Everyone has bouts of Apathy, of just not caring, of just making it through the day or the week. But if apathy persists, changes need to be made!
God has made each of us unique, with unique gifts and a unique heart. What makes your heart cry? What makes your heart sing?
– helping children in poverty?
– fighting for education for women?
– fighting homelessness in your city?
– teaching kids in Sunday School to know more about Jesus?
– helping people suffering from addictions?
– counselling for failing marriages?
– fighting against cruelty to animals?
– helping single mothers trying to balance it all?
– getting youth off the street
– mentoring young men or women?
– training up future christian leaders?
– encouraging youth to memorize scripture via a quizzing program (this is apparently mine!!)
When you are saturated in God’s word, and when you know your gifts and circumstances, you become equipped to serve in what God has called you to do. Find what you are good at, find what you are passionate about, and your work will bring you life.
Who inspires you? Why do they inspire you? What have they been able to do? How did they do it?
Talk to people who are doing what you want to be doing. Find out how they got there. Find ways to get involved, or learn or volunteer.
We are equipped with different gifts and different hearts and therefore have different passions so that individually, we can work on a specific task within the Kingdom of God. It wouldn’t be a productive kingdom if we all felt passionate about the same cause or viewed the world the same lens.
There is a reason why God has you where you are; it is part of His plan for you. You are being specially equipped to do something important in His kingdom. Always remember that it is for His purposes, NOT yours.
Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Passion as the antidote to apathy is part of my strategy for Maintaining Good Mental Health